Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Introduction

Hey guys, this is Alex Stevenson, I'm now in the 4th year of my arts degree (I'm lazy and do lots of electives, shine on you crazy diamond), majoring in english and history/ancient history.

Given my hair style and batman-esque wardrobe of metal band shirts, I'd really be cheating myself if I did anything other than metal for this, but to make it a bit more exciting I'm going to try and focus on black metal and power metal.

I've been into metal for years, so this as a piece of assessment is a dream come true for me...It's not often I get to talk at length about it to people who care, even if it is only to mark me :)

Stay true!

3 comments:

Lucy Oliver said...

Yes. The metal dude with the long flowing locks was a refreshing sight amongst a sea of indie losers.(like myself).

Err...What is power metal? (I know nuffink)

Amy Andrew said...

Can't wait to see more on your topic - this is a sub-culture and genre that I'm not too saavy with! I'll keep my eye on your developing space :)

If you have anything to lend about GRUNGE, swing it my way:

http://www.thegrungesponge.blogspot.com

Ta! ~Amy.

Joel Cotterell said...

Lol hey Alex. Definitely need to post the 'One By One' clip with Abbath's badass dancing. ALl the cool MSTU2000 kids do it.